To create musical experiences that strengthen our role as a leader among lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender (LGBT) and performing arts organizations, enrich our member-artists, support LGBT youth, challenge homophobia, and expose new communities to our message of equality.
GMCLA sings for a future free from homophobia and all other discrimination.
- LEGACY – Over 37 years of success and survival as a community united in song.
- COMMUNITY – Creating and nurturing our community of artists, the LGBTQ community, and the Los Angeles community.
- CREATIVITY – Embracing risk, innovation and passionate performances that communicate with our modern world.
- EXCELLENCE – Performance, musicianship, artistry, and outreach.
- TRANSFORMATION – Changing hearts and minds through our compelling performances and the power of music.
- EQUALITY – Bringing people together and serving as a voice for equality for all people.
- STRENGTH – Strengthen organizational sustainability by building audiences and cultivating funders.
- EXPANSION – Expanding GMCLA’s Alive Music Project (AMP) throughout Southern California, and bringing the it gets better Tour to more communities around the country.